Thursday, March 25, 2010

Today has been such an amazing day! Ilya has always woke up at 7:00a.m. on the dot (before the time change it was around 6 but we let her play in her crib until 7). This morning there wasn't a sound from her room. So I rushed and took my shower because on Thursdays it is a mad rush out the door to make it Thursday school. Sean came into the bathroom at 7:45a.m. to tell me that he was leaving for work and that Ilya was still sound asleep. He said he checked on her to make sure something wasn't wrong but she was sound asleep. I got dressed and enjoyed my cup of coffee and then at 8:00a.m. I could hear her sweet voice coming from her bedroom. She was sitting there reading her soft book in her crib. She was SO happy! Of course we were late to Thursday school but I didn't mind at all! Ilya missed her morning nap and then has slept for over two hours for her afternoon nap! I can't get over it!


I have been planning her ONE year birthday party! It's in less than two months! I can't contain my excitement! I am planning on having a ladybug theme. I am going to make angel food cupcakes decorated with ladybugs along with a richer ladybug cake. I don't want Ilya having a bunch of sugar so I decided on the angel food for the cupcakes. I've been thinking about how to decorate and everything. Just writing about it makes me shake with joy! I never knew how exciting planning a birthday party is! I am looking foreword to many years of decorating for different occasions!


Here is a picture of the cupcake design. I found it on the MarthaStewart website.

1 comment:

  1. How sweet! We did ladybugs for Lily's first birthday too! We had a cake shaped like a ladybug and a watermelon Neil carved into a ladybug. Such a cute party!

    ReplyDelete