Wednesday, February 10, 2010

In my bible study, Breaking Free (the updated edition) by Beth Moore, she shares an excerpt from It's Always Something by the late Gilda Radner.

"When I was little, my nurse Dibby's cousin had a dog, just a mutt, and the dog was pregnant. I don't know how long dogs are pregnant but she was due to have her puppies in about a week. She was out in the yard one day and got in the way of the lawn mower and her two hind legs got cut off. They rushed her to the vet and he said, "I can sew her up, or you can put her to sleep if you want, but the puppies are okay. She'll be able to deliver the puppies."
Dibby's cousin said, "Keep her alive."
So the vet sewed her backside, and over the next week the dog learned to walk. She didn't spend any time worrying, she just learned to walk by taking two steps in front and flipping up her backside, and then taking two steps and flipping up her backside again. She gave birth to six little puppies, all in perfect health. She nursed them and then weaned them. And when they learned to walk, they all walked like her.

Hosea 8:7 reads, "They sow the wind and reap the whirlwind."
Beth Moore goes on to say "Parents and grandparents must be very careful what they sow because it may bear wind in their lives and a whirlwind in the lives that follow."


God is opening my eyes so much these past weeks. I had already been gathering my thoughts and realizing how much my actions have an effect on Ilya and then my study today was over what you just read. I sit and wonder what else needs to change? What other vicious cycles do I need to put a stop to? Parenting has brought about a new realization of what my life represents or what I want my life to represent. Now it is time to clean "house" once again, and hopefully emerge as a "new" creation. Every day I must put to death the things of this world that rules my life and put on Christ. I know I will fail over and over but this is the first step and the most important thing is to not give up. I must keep my focus on Christ...it is so easy to lose my way and get sucked into worldly thinking and ways.

Lord, help me empty myself so that I can pour more of you in me!

Here is an interesting video I thought of when I was doing my study this morning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4HSgvCBXdg

1 comment:

  1. Kas, you are so wise. Thank you for sharing your Bible study and your thoughts. You are giving me much to think about...

    ReplyDelete