Friday, February 19, 2010

Change of direction, change of pace.

Once again I feel a stir within me, a tight grip around my heart, a fluttering in my stomach. I must go beyond what I do. It is not enough just to read and write it, I must start living out my faith every single day, every single minute, every single second. The direction and focus of my life must make the pivotal turn and be cast away from myself and onto Christ at all times.

I am only here a moment.

Death has once again reared its head in my direction and I am sitting here wondering what it is that I am living for.

"The length of our days is seventy years -
or eighty, if we have the strength;
yet their span is but trouble and sorrow,
for they quickly pass, and we fly away."
-Psalm 90:10

I know a man that at this very minute is staring death in the face. And I fall prostrate upon the floor begging for mercy and peace for him and his family.

It brings back so many memories of my own grandfathers death. I watched the most godly man face death with determination, peace, and joy. And though we, his family, were all standing by with pain and sorrow he made sure that even his last minutes were spent with our focus on Christ alone. I am also reminded of my beautiful cousin that just stared death down recently when her daughter passed away. As I watched and mourned for/with her I was blown away at her grace, and strength she found in turning to Christ alone for comfort and direction. I am blessed with wonderful examples and teachers in my life who constantly point me in the direction of God rather than the direction of the world.

My focus must remain heaven bound or I will be dragged under by my emotions and thoughts.

So here I sit. I am ready and listening. Change is coming and the mask is falling off. From this moment on I am planning to record "The Incredible Journey" I am on in hopes that I am completely focused on God alone.

My goal:
"But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body. For we who are alive are always being given over to death for Jesus' sake, so that his life may be revealed in our mortal body. So then, death is at work in us, but life is at work in you.
It is written: 'I believed; therefore I have spoken.' With that same spirit of faith we also believe and therefore speak, because we know that the one who raised the Lord Jesus from the dead will also raise us with Jesus and present us with you in his presence. All this is for your benefit, so that the grace that is reaching more and more people may cause thanksgiving to overflow to the glory of God.
Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."
-2 Corinthians 4:7-18


Do you know Jesus my Lord? He is here in plain view...take a look and open your eyes, he will show it to you.





I am crossing the line.


1 comment: